Saturday, September 20, 2014

In the End

Well, it hasn't been quite an entire year since I've blogged here!  Life has been rich with things other than musical endeavors, but I've had a few of those, too: writing the theme song for our new year of women's Bible study, giving a concert at Minnesota Teen Challenge chapel, and other random things.  

Last week I had the pleasure of performing a special song for my sweet friend, Emma, who has terminal cancer.  We covered the Natalie Grant song, In the End, which is a foot-stomping blue grass tune.  Making it extra special was the fact that my husband and 3 kids were on the stage with me, along with a few more awesome musician friends.  It was a bucket list moment for me.

That song was followed by a concert by Jason Gray, one of my favorite Christian singer/songwriters.  There were moments of that night that were pure celebration, where everyone was laughing, clapping, and singing.  Then there were moments where the sting of Emma's impending death and the reality of life without her for me, her husband and kids, our church...clutched my heart and leaked out my eyes.  I completely melted down during Jason's song, If You Want to Love Someone, because Emma dedicated it to everyone in the room.  

I've tried to love her through this journey and have fallen short.  Thankfully she has an army of people who love and help her.  God has cobbled together our little offerings to cover many of her needs.  He's filled in the parts we can't.   

Thought you might enjoy the video.  It's not professionally done, but you get the idea.  My son is on the banjo, and my two daughters are on violin, tamborine, and vocals.  Dave is playing the box drum.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts....